Client: The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) is the UK’s leading gardening charity dedicated to advancing horticulture and promoting good gardening. The RHS owns gardens throughout the UK and runs world-renowned flower shows including the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. www.rhs.org.uk
- I worked in-house for the RHS as Senior Press Office for several years dealing daily with national newspaper and consumer magazine journalists, international and key regional press.
- Responsible for managing the PR campaign for Hampton Court Palace Flower Show (generating national, international and regional media coverage in print, broadcast and online outlets, including working with the BBC TV gardening team on Hampton show coverage, and managing the on-site press tent)
- Devising and implementing national/regional PR campaigns for wildlife gardening and ‘grow your own’ initiatives
- Crisis PR and issues management
- Celebrity liaison at the Hampton Court and RHS Chelsea Flower Shows
- Working with Buckingham Palace and Clarence House press teams for the royal rota (Royal Family visits to the flower shows) and assisting photographers during visits